Our Leadership Team
The HLSA of Europe is an alumni volunteer managed organization. We thank our Officers and Board Members for their dedication and support of HLS alumni activities.
For more information about our leadership team or to get involved, please email us at email@example.com
Salvo Arena LL.M. '00
Chiomenti Studio Legale, L.L.C.
One Rockefeller Plaza, New York, NY 10020, USA
Tel:+1 212 660 6407 — Fax: +1 212 660 6401
- Salvo Arena, Managing Partner of the New York office, focusing on mergers and acquisitions and private equity, joined Chiomenti in 2006, after 3 years of experience in the Shearman & Sterling mergers and acquisitions group in the New York office, and became a partner in 2008. Salvo represents domestic and multinational clients in acquisitions and sales of public and private companies, asset acquisition and disposition transactions and in leveraged buyouts. Salvo has a strong expertize in assisting U.S. and international clients doing business in or through Italy. Salvo serves as President of the Harvard Law School Association of New York City, President of the Harvard Law School Association of Europe, Past President and Chair of the International Section of the Harvard Law School Association, Appointed Director of the Harvard Alumni Association, member of the Board of the Council for the United States and Italy, Chair of the Harvard Law School Association Hedge Fund & Private Equity Network, Co-Chair of the European Law Section of the New York State Bar Association, member of the New York Angels, member of the European-American Chamber of Commerce. Salvo is fluent in Italian and English and is dual qualified as Italian and New York lawyer. Salvo earned an LL.M. at Harvard Law School in corporate and finance law and a Ph.D. and Law Degree in mergers and acquisitions at University of Catania.
Alexander Chacón J.D. '89
Ft. Washington Ltd.
Azpeitia 4, 28023 Madrid, Spain
Tel: +34 91 7011410
- Alexander Chacón is Chairman and Founder of Ft Washington, Ltd., a private holding company, which owns and operates companies in the European pharmaceutical & health care sector, the electronic retailing industry, the entertainment sector as well as manages the EEC Venture Fund focused on promoting entrepreneurial projects throughout Europe. Prior to joining the business community, he worked as an investment banker and as an attorney specializing in mergers & acquisitions with Gomez-Acebo & Pombo in Spain. Alexander earned a JD at Harvard in 89’ and a BA at New York University in 86’.
Sascha Hödl LL.M. '00
Tuchlauben 17, 1014 Vienna Austria
Tel: +43 1 534 37 50266
Sascha Hödl is a partner at Schoenherr Vienna who focuses on mergers and acquisitions, public takeo- vers and corporate reorganisations. He has been and is involved in high profile banking m&a and re- structuring transactions in Austria and South Eastern Europe. Sascha further constantly advises on large scale m&a transactions in the industrial sector and plays a prominent advisory role in restructuring transactions of Austrian banks. Sascha has a degree from Harvard Law School (LL.M. 2000) and is a lecturer for international mergers and acquisitions at the Vienna Business School.
Nathalie Younan LL.M. '99
Vice President of Mentoring
1bis, avenue Foch, 75116 Paris, France
Tel: +33 1 45 00 86 20 — Fax: +33 1 45 00 08 19
She is a partner at FTPA law firm located in Paris. She mainly advises on Mergers and Acquisitions and Corporate matters and represents several French groups of companies in implementing their legal strategies, for their external growth and restructuring. Nathalie Younan holds a Master’s degree in Torts and Contracts Law from Paris I Panthéon-Sorbonne University, a Master’s degree in Litigation and Arbitration from Paris II Panthéon-Assas University, and an LL.M degree from Harvard Law School. She won the “Concours Général des Universités en Droit Public” award. She was admitted to the Paris Bar in 1997 and to the New York Bar in 2000.
Anne-Caroline Urbain LL.M. '06
Vice President Communication
AHA Atelier HERBEZ Architectes
48, rue Copernic, 75116 Paris, France
Tel: +33 6 19 49 87 37
- Anne-Caroline Urbain is the head of business development and relations at Atelier HERBEZ Architectes, a French architects firm located in Paris. Previously, she practiced in the environmental, health and safety department of the Jones Day Paris office where she advised and represented foreign governments as well as French and foreign industries. She also taught at the University of Paris Dauphine, INSA Toulouse and Rouen. She is a member of the Bar Association of the State of New York. She also serves as a Vice-President of the Harvard Club of France. She studied Public Affairs in the School of Public and Environmental Affairs at Indiana University (2002-2003), and owns a Master of Environmental Law from University of Paris 11 (2005), in addition to an LL.M. from Harvard Law School (2006).
René A. Pfromm LL.M. '08
Vice President Programming Chairs
Friedrichstr. 88, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Tel: +49 30 408173188
- René A. Pfromm is founder of PFROMM NEGOTIATIONS, a Berlin-based international consulting firm specialized in strategic negotiations. He advises domestic and multinational companies on their institutional negotiation set-up, works with executives and their teams on preparing and conducting challenging negotiation projects, and helps partners, managers and their teams to increase their individual negotiation effectiveness. Prior, he was an antitrust and competition lawyer at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP in Germany and China for eight years. René is a clinical professor and lecturer on negotiation at the University of Bonn, Bucerius Law School and the German University of Administrative Sciences, and regularly speaks at Peking University, Tsinghua University and at international conferences. He is a graduate of the University of Bonn (Dr. iur.), Harvard Law School (LL.M.) and King’s College London (MA econ), as well as of negotiation programs at Oxford University and Wharton Business School.
Philipp Fischer, LL.M. ’09
Vice President Programming Chairs
OBERSON ABELS SA
20, rue de Candolle, 1211 Geneva, Switzerland
Tel: + 41 58 258 88 88 — Fax: + 41 58 258 88 89
Philipp Fischer graduated from the University of Geneva in 2004. He was admitted to the Geneva Bar in 2007. In 2009, he earned a LL.M. at Harvard Law School. After having worked in major law firms in New York, Zurich and Geneva (2010 – 2016), he co-founded the firm OBERSON ABELS in February 2016. Philipp Fischer has been advising Swiss and non-Swiss financial institutions (in particular banks, securities dealers, insurance companies, collective investment schemes and independent asset managers) on Swiss banking, financial and data protection regulations for over 10 years.
Elsbeth Kroeze LL.M. ’04
Vice President at Large
Michał Bobrzyński LL.M. ’09
Michał Bobrzyński graduated from the Faculty of Law and Administration of the Jagiellonian University in 2005. In 2009 Michał obtained an LL.M. degree (with a specialisation in international finance) from Harvard Law School. He also studied law at Ruprecht Karl University of Heidelberg. He was admitted to the Bar Association of the State of New York in 2010 and qualified as a Polish legal advisor in 2012.
Michał Bobrzyński is an associate with Weil, Gotshal and Manges in Warsaw in the financial institution practice. Prior to joining Weil, he worked for a leading Polish law firm, where he advised financial institutions on regulatory issues and project finance, as well as domestic and international companies on corporate matters, restructuring, M&A and private equity transactions.
Alvyda Usinskaite LL.M. '13
European Investment Fund (EIF)
37B, avenue J.F. Kennedy, L-2968 Luxembourg
Tel : +352 691 285 769
- Alvyda is a legal counsel at the Corporate and Institutional Affairs Division of the European Investment Fund (EIF) in Luxembourg, advising on matters relating in particular to the corporate organization, applicable laws and regulations, institutional contractual relations and general legal needs of EIF and the external vehicles developed and administrated by EIF. Ms. Usinskaite's prior experience as associate at Clifford Chance (Madrid) and Debevoise & Plimpton (New York) covers capital markets, M&A and Private Equity/Fund Formation.
Marco Cesare Laurita LL.M. '14
Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
One Liberty Plaza, New York, NY 10006, USA
Tel: +1 212 225 2249
Marco Cesare Laurita is an associate at Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP, based in the New York office. His practice focuses primarily on national and international litigation and arbitration. Marco joined Cleary Gottlieb in 2014. He was based in the Milan office from 2014 to 2016. Marco obtained his J.D. summa cum laude from the law school of the University of Turin in 2009. While at law school, he attended the Georgetown University Center for Transnational Legal Studies in London. In 2013, he obtained an M.A. summa cum laude in Business and Economics from the School of Management and Economics of the University of Turin. In 2014, he then obtained an LL.M. from Harvard Law School. Before joining Cleary Gottlieb, Marco worked at Pavesio & Associati in Turin until 2010 and at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP in Milan from 2011 to 2013, where he was primarily involved in financial and commercial litigation matters.
Daniela Ratajova LL.M. '12
Tel: +420 777 727 157
Daniela Ratajová is an independent attorney-at-law based in Prague. She practices mainly commercial law, and litigation and bankruptcy law. Previously, she worked at Weil, Gotshal&Manges office in Prague for more than four years. She also worked as a law clerk at the Metropolitan Court of Prague and trained at the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic. Daniela completed her first degree in law at Charles University in Prague (2010) and holds an LL.M. from Harvard Law School (class of 2012). Daniela also studied within the Erasmus program at Law School of KatholiekeUniversiteit Leuven, Belgium and earned the Diploma in English and European Union Law at the Institute of Continuing Education, University of Cambridge.
Valeria Tiffer Hangen LL.M. '15
World Trade Organization
Rue de Lausane 154, Geneva 1202, Switzerland
Tel: + 41 078 975 9448
Valeria is a lawyer at the World Trade Organization (WTO) in Geneva, Switzerland. She assists the adjudication of trade disputes between WTO Member States over the interpretation and application of the WTO covered agreements. Prior to the WTO, she obtained an LL.M. degree at Harvard Law School, where she served as the first president of the Harvard International Arbitration Law Students Association. Prior to Harvard, Valeria was an associate at the Central American law firm BLP and she obtained her first law degree at the University of Costa Rica.
Federico Raffaele LL.M. '12
Studio Legale Carbonetti
Via di San Valentino 21 - 00197 Rome, Italy
Tel: +39 06 8083138
firstname.lastname@example.org - email@example.com
Federico Raffaele graduated cum laude in Law from the LUISS Guido Carli University of Rome in 2008, and in Economics from the C. d'Annunzio University of Pescara in 2009. He was admitted to the Italian Bar in 2011. In 2012, he earned an LL.M. at Harvard Law School, where he was Research Assistant for Prof. Mark J. Roe and Editor for the Harvard Business Law Review. In 2013, after some months spent at Georgetown and Duke Law Schools, he earned a PhD in Law and Economics at LUISS, where he also was, until the end of 2014, a Post-Doc Fellow in Corporate Law. After having worked in major law firms in Italy (including BonelliErede and Baker McKenzie), Federico moved to the boutique firm Studio Legale Carbonetti where he currently advises Italian and non-Italian financial institutions and listed companies on regulatory, corporate, M&A, and capital markets law related issues.
Michelangelo Granato LL.M. '15
Via Giuseppe Verdi 2 - 20121 Milan, Italy
Tel: + 39 02 7215 7578
Michelangelo Granato is a fellow of the Catholic University of Milan, where he earned a First Level Degree in Law in 2008, a Master's Degree in Law in 2010 and a Ph.D. in Domestic and International Business Law in 2016. Michelangelo graduated from Harvard Law School, LL.M. class of 2015, admitted to the Concentration in Comparative Corporate Governance and Finance under the supervision of Professor Reinier H. Kraakman, and collaborated as Submission Editor for the Harvard Business Law Review. Since 2013 he is a member of the Italian Bar. After having worked in prominent law boutiques in Italy, he joined Chiomenti as an associate in the London office in 2015. Michelangelo moved to Chiomenti Milan in 2017 and he currently advises on corporate, M&A and capital markets ordinary and extraordinary transactions.
Ignacio Arroyo LL.M.'75 (Barcelona)
Roger Benrubi LL.M. ’50 (Paris)
Guido Brosio LL.M. '69 (Turin)
Ronald Dahlman LL.M. ’74 (Stockholm)
Felix Dasser LL.M. '90 (Zurich)
Anne-Marijke Morgan de Rivery LL.M.'80 (Paris)
Alberto Piergrossi LL.M. '67 (Milano)
Jacques Sales LL.M.'67 (Paris)
Willem Stevens LL.M. '63 (Amsterdam)
Emanuele Turco LL.M.'67 (Rome)
Henrik Rossing Lonberg LL.M.'01 (Copenhagen)
Back row: Willem Stevens, Jacques Salès, Roland Dahlman
Front row: Roger Benrubi, Alberto Piergrossi, Anne-Marijke Morgan de Rivery, Emanuele Turco
Ignacio Arroyo and Felix Dasser are not on this photo.
This photo was taken during the Marseilles reunion in 2008.